The podcast is always free to listen to – The podcast can be found by clicking here or by searching NICU HEROES on iTunes or Stitcher
Instructions on How to Listen to the podcasts can be viewed here.
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional and requires an additional fee*
In this episode, Kelli:
- Shares her own NICU experience when her son, Jackson, who was born at 24 weeks.
- Discusses anticipatory grief and how it can impact a parent during the NICU stay
- Describes the features of insecure infant-mother attachment
- Discusses the importance of communication between NICU staff and NICU parents
- Shares about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; and the negative social impacts that parents of a NICU baby can experience
- Lists the 6 primary needs of the NICU parent
- Shares 4 supportive behaviors of NICU professionals
- Discusses interdisciplinary guidelines for psychosocial support services for NICU parents
The Learning Objectives:
- Recall at least social impact frequenty experienced by NICU parents.
- Identify the most common risk factor for mental, physical and social health of NICU families.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional, and requires an additional fee*
TO EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT: Click on the payment button
*This course has been approved by CA BRN CE Provider #15417; and credit earned may be eligible for reciprocity in other states and regions, as well as for other disciplines. Please verify eligibility by visiting the website for your state or certifying body.
*No refunds will be given on purchases.