The podcast is always free to listen to – The podcast can be found by clicking here or by searching NICU HEROES on iTunes or Stitcher
Instructions on How to Listen to the podcasts can be viewed here.
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional and requires an additional fee*
In this episode, Dr. Dickey:
- Describes the origins of the Narrative Initiative
- Defines patient and family centered care
- Discusses how language in communication affects those we’re communicating with
- Discusses the impact of tone and body language in communication
- Provides examples of best practices of how to communicate with parents in the NICU
- Defines the "sweet spot of communication"
- Describes ways that NICU professionals can find commonality with NICU parents
- Disucsses the importance of "focusing on the process, not the outcome"
The Learning Objectives:
- Identify the three components of family centered care
- Define the "sweet spot" of communication
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional, and requires an additional fee*
TO EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT: Click on the payment button
*This course has been approved by CA BRN CE Provider #15417; and credit earned may be eligible for reciprocity in other states and regions, as well as for other disciplines. Please verify eligibility by visiting the website for your state or certifying body.
*No refunds will be given on purchases.