The podcast is always free to listen to – The podcast can be found by clicking here or by searching NICU HEROES on iTunes or Stitcher
Instructions on How to Listen to the podcasts can be viewed here.
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional and requires an additional fee*
In this episode, preemie parents, Darlene Barkman and Keira Sorrells:
- Describe the role of a Family Consultant
- Share w hy family perspective is important for hospitals to understand; and how that perspective can be used to improve the patient and family experience
- Explain how the role of a family consultant can effect change in a hospital setting and the patient experience
- Outline the Language of Caring
- Share h ow the unique perspective of other preemie parents can help families currently in the NICU
The Learning Objectives:
- Describe the importance of utilizing a "family consultant" in the NICU and how this role aids NICU nurses in understanding and improving the patient experience.
- Identify the most important part of communication using the "Language of Caring" concept
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional, and requires an additional fee*
TO EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT: Click on the payment button
*This course has been approved by CA BRN CE Provider #15417; and credit earned may be eligible for reciprocity in other states and regions, as well as for other disciplines. Please verify eligibility by visiting the website for your state or certifying body.
*No refunds will be given on purchases.