The podcast is always free to listen to – The podcast can be found by clicking here or by searching NICU HEROES on iTunes or Stitcher
Instructions on How to Listen to the podcasts can be viewed here.
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional and requires an additional fee*
In this episode, Jasmine LeCoursiere and Kara Wahlin:
- Discuss the importance of child/parent bond
- Outline the "Family Nurture" Intervention
- Share strategies that help families emotionally connect with their baby in the NICU
- Describe the benefits of comforting touch and Kangaroo Care to both parents and infants
- Discuss the benefits of a scent cloth exchange to parents and infants
- Share why eye contact is important for parents in the NICU
- Discuss the positive benefits of parental voice for babies in the NICU
- Outline the challenges of bonding with a premature baby in the NICU
- Share how Post-Partum Depression may impact a mother's ability to bond with their baby
- Discuss the short- and long-term value of integrating parents into the care of their baby in the NICU
The Learning Objectives:
- Identify one intervention that can enhance parent-infant bonding and attachment.
- Provide two examples of interventions or information that NICU nurses can utilize to support parental bonding.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Continuing Education Credit for listening to the podcast is optional, and requires an additional fee*
TO EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT: Click on the payment button
*This course has been approved by CA BRN CE Provider #15417; and credit earned may be eligible for reciprocity in other states and regions, as well as for other disciplines. Please verify eligibility by visiting the website for your state or certifying body.
*No refunds will be given on purchases.